Evie
Chosen
Not
all stories have a happy ending and not all stories have a meaning. Chloe’s
story is definitely a different one. Chloe’s lives in a universe where every
year if you do not get chosen you evaporate due to the government believing if
you are not wanted you do not belong on this world. You can chose one person
and they chose you that you believe belong in your world, this happens once a
year on the first of the year, January 1st at 8:00 in the evening.
Chloe’s story starts at the time of year where this all takes place.
Chloe
is walking down the street not knowing if she is going to be able to see the
next day. She’s asking people on the street if they could chose her. She asks
many people walking on the way to school.
“Will
you chose me?” she asks.
“I
am sorry I have already chose someone but I am sure someone will chose you.”
The random women replied.
“Oh
okay” she replies.
She
moves on to ask more people in the street some reply the same thing. Some say
“sorry” and move on with their day. Many
others ignore her and walk away and continue on with their day.
Then you have the mean ones who just laugh and
say that “no one has chosen you already, you are never going too be picked.”
Chloe
doesn’t reply, feeling desperate and sad Chloe just walks away. With tears
coming from her eyes, she walks into school. Asking people in the corridor
“”will you chose me”
They
reply “Why would we chose you we aren’t even close friends I hardly know you.”
That
thought of her never being chosen comes back up in her head realising she may
never be chosen. Everyone keeps saying the same “why would I chose you?z”
She
walks to class feeling sad and desperate. She asks her peer’s “can you please
chose me, no one has chosen me already?”
Again
most of them say “sorry I have already chosen someone”, but a select few laugh saying
“no one has chosen you, what are you, are you not wanted?”
Chloe
said “Of course I am wanted, it’s just no one has chosen me yet,”
Random
student “That basically means you are not wanted,”
She
replied “no I just haven’t been chosen, of course I am wanted,”
She
continues through the day until lunch comes and she goes to her friends, the
people she is close to and asks them “will you chose me?”
They
reply “no sorry we have already chosen each other, go find someone else,”
She
replies “but we are friends,”
They
reply “friends, we would never be friends with someone who is not wanted!”
Chloe
replies “we have been friends for so long”
They
walk away, laughing at Chloe, she then realises that she may never be chosen,
she walks over to her best friends, the people she has loved, cared for and
trusted throughout her life and asked them “will you chose me, please?”
Her
best friends reply “no”.
She
asks “why, no?”
Her
best friends reply “we were never that close and we would never be friends with
someone that hasn’t been chosen already, bye.”
Chloe
falls to the ground as everyone in the playground turns to look, all the eyes
just staring at her, everyone starts laughing as Chloe runs out of the
playground to the toilets. After the school day she heads home, she thinks to herself
why did they leave so early in the morning hopefully they are back so I can ask
one of them to choose me.
She
arrives home seeing her family at the kitchen counter, she runs in and asks
them “will you chose me?”
They
reply “why would we chose you when we never wanted you in the first place,”
She
replies “but you chose me for years,”
They
reply “we had too for your fathers company now that you are 18 we don’t have
too,”
She
replies “but John is 21 and you chose him, this is so unfair!”
They
reply “he has achieved a lot more than you ever will.”
Chloe
runs upstairs and starts packing a bag knowing that she never wants to be in
the same household as them. Chloe also understands that she may not have long
left to live. She runs downstairs out the house and travels to her spot in the
hills, from the hills you can see everything, the houses, the school, the
stores and the people. Lying on the grass with the flower fields to her left
and right. She is all alone and it’s her quite space she’s thinking to herself
in what she believes to be her last moments, then she thinks to herself and
then she says it out loud.
“I
chose me”
She
says it over and over “I chose me, I chose me, I chose me” She stands up
happily and looks at the town for a moment and then runs to a hotel and stays a
night until she can get an apartment.
It’s
the next day and she has to go to school so she heads to class feeling proud
and happy, as she is walking down the corridor, everyone is starring at her,
she walks into class and her peers ask her “who chose you?”
“I
chose myself” Chloe replied.
“What”
they replied.
She
just walks to her seat and get on with the lesson, when it comes to lunch time
her friends and best friends come up to her and ask her “who chose you?”
“I
chose myself” Chloe replied.
“How
can you do that” one of the replied.
I
know every story may not be the best story you read but some stories have a
true meaning. This whole story was about confidence and self-love. That you do
not need anyone else’s opinion to be loved and be yourself.
I really like your story. It reminds me of a movie that I saw. Your story is very powerful and has a meaning. I love it.
ReplyDelete