Manon

 

My flight to Hawaii

“Hi guys!” I said.

 I finally had found them. They were already waiting to get on the plane. We were going to Hawaii for the first time, me and my three friends. It was not only the first time going to Hawaii, but it was also my first time going on a plane. My parents never liked planes, neither did I.

“Hi Ella,” Isabel said.

“Hi guys!” Alex said.

“Hello,” said James.

“I am so excited!” said Isabel.

“Me too!” James and Alex said at the same time.

“Ella are you okay. You seem a little bit off,” Isabel asked.

“I am fine, don’t worry,” I said. I was not fine. I was scared of taking a plane. I never had taken one before.

“I don’t know if this makes you feel any better, but I did some research. I found out that the probability of our plane going down is around one in 5.4 million. So do not worry,” Alex said.

“Thank you, Alex. That does make me feel better,” I said.

Once we got on the plane, we were trying to find our seats. There were so many people on the plane. It was crazy. Unfortunately, we did not get a seat next to the window. Well, I did not actually care. Isabel absolutely wanted to sit next to a window. Once we had found our seats, at the front of the plane, we all sat down and organized our stuff. It was going to be a long flight, twenty-hour flight, because we lived in France.

Once everyone was finally on the plane, that took about thirty minutes, the plane started to move. I got scared, so scared.

“Its fine, you are going to be fine, we are going to be fine. Do not worry. The plane is just taking-off,” Isabel said, “And I am here, not that I can help that much but I am here,” She laughed.

“Thank you, Isa,” I said.

To be honest it was way better than I thought it would have been. 4 hours had already past, I had watched a movie and I ate breakfast. Later on, we played a card game with Alex and Isabel. James was sleeping was sleeping very peacefully. We were playing Uno. It was really nice, and it made the time past quite fast. Later on, James joined us, and we played for thirty minutes. I slept for about two hours. I was really tired. I had not slept the night before; I was really stressed about taking the plane.

A few hours later It was 18:00 and the flight attendants came. They gave us the dinner menu and I chose to eat a chicken sandwich. A few minutes later the flight attendants were back but this time with food. They gave me my sandwich and I ate it joyfully. I was happy because my first time on plane was going perfectly fine. The sandwich on the other hand was not as good as I had imagined it. It felt like I was chewing on gum. It took forever to chew on was piece of chicken.

“How is it going El?” James asked me.

“I am perfectly fine,” I said, “how are you, Jim?” I asked.

“I am perfectly fine,” he laughed.

“How is it there Lex and Isa?” I asked.

“We are perfectly fine,” Isabel and Alex said.

We all laughed until we heard the sound ‘bing’. 

“What is that guys?” I asked.

“I don’t know,” Alex said.

“Ladies and gentlemen I've turned on the fasten seat belts sign and asked the flight attendants to be seated, we may be entering an area of turbulence and would like everyone seated for safety,” the voice announced.

“Isa?” I asked.

“It’s fine. I have already experienced this. It is nothing bad. The plane is just going to move a little bit. It happens because the plane goes through some clouds. But it is nothing to worry about,” Isabel said.

“Ok...” I said.

Ten minutes past and the plane is still moving. Fifteen minutes. Twenty minutes. Twenty-five minutes. Thirty minutes have past, and the plane is still moving. Forty-five minutes later the plane was moving like a little boy shaking a coke can. I looked to my side and I saw Isa, Lex, Jim and all the people on the plane stressed. Everyone is moving, packing their bags. Soon enough I am also panicking. Isa is starting to gather all her stuff, so I start to do the same. Until we hear the voice of a man screaming: “Easy Victor.”

“What?” I heard James said between all the screaming of people.

“Easy Victor… Easy Victor… I heard about in a book…” Alex said.

“Alex?”, I asked, “Alex, what does it mean?!” I asked.

“It means… It means that… That they cannot control the plane anymore, that there is too much turbulence… We are going to crash…” Alex said.

I could not believe it. I could simply not believe it. I thought that everything was going to be fine. I was wrong… Soon enough the plane began to move so many people could not even stand anymore.  Everyone was on the floor of the plane. People were screaming until something made everyone go quiet. The door opened on each side of the plane; evacuation slides were noticeable from each door. I could not see anything. It was dark outside. It was so dark it looked like I was in a room with no light, no light at all. Soon enough there were people evacuating through the doors. Isa screamed my name and I followed her. It happened so fast I barely remembered what had happened. I just remember me sliding down one of the evacuation slides and landing in water. There were people swimming to inflatable boats. I continued following Isa. We were swimming to one of those inflatable boats. There was so much happening that I could not concentrate on anything or maybe just one thing: where were Lex and Jim.

I woke up on an Island. Not knowing where I was, I stood up and walked towards Isa.

“Isa!” I screamed.

“Isa!” I screamed again.

She woke up and saw me. She stood up and hugged me.

“What happened?!” she asked me.

“You guys passed out…” James said.

“Oh my god. James,” I said.

“Alex is gathering all the people that survived,” he said.

“James, could you tell us what exactly happened?” I asked.

“As you probably know the plane crashed… Luckily, we survived, by we I mean the four of us. Sadly, a lot of people died. Thirty people survived, including us. When you were trying to get on the inflatable boat you could not because you had passed out, we do not know why you passed out, but we know you did. A guy helped you on the boat I think it was one of the flight attendants, we have no idea who it was. We should be thankful he helped you guys. Anyways when you were on the boat the guy brought you guys to this island. We don’t know where we are currently, but we will find out, don’t worry,” James explained. 

Thirty of us. Only thirty. Around two hundred persons on the plane and only thirty survived. We were the only ones left, the only ones to make it to the island. I repeated these sentences at least five times before I believed what had happened.

 

 

 

Comments

  1. i liked how your story had a plot twist where it went from everything going great to everyhting going bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how your story had suspesne at the start with Ella being scared to go on a plane because she thought it would crash, which it later did

    ReplyDelete
  3. The use of figurative language is well used

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts